Are you on the hunt for an ideal alternate and green source of power?
Ever considered solar generators for your home or outdoor needs?
In this article, we will discuss the top six solar generators by Ecoflow, manufacturers of portable power sources, solar panels, and power banks.
These also include the sources that use solar energy as the primary source of power.
Here are the top six solar generators and power banks from Ecoflow and a detailed review of each of the products to help you with your purchase decision.
EcoFlow Solar Generators
Power Bank Models
- Delta 1300
- River 370
Now, let’s take a detailed look at each one of them to know which one meets your requirements.
- RIVER Bank
- Rapid Power Bank
- Rapid Plus Power Bank
EcoFlow Delta 1300 is an impressive advancement in the field of portable power sources that use both solar energy and electricity to recharge the batteries. The company claims to have a patented battery management system that provides for quick charging via both AC charging outlets and even solar panels.
When we say quick charging, it is almost unrivaled when compared to the other solar power generators on the market. You will be amazed to see that the battery reaches its full charge capacity within two hours while through a regular AC outlet.
Charging the batteries using solar power will take about three hours to reach its capacity under the right sunlight conditions.
- Wattage – You will have an alternative and complete power source on hand as it can supply the power output of 1300 watts with an inverter rated at 3300 watts for surge protection. This means that you can charge your laptops and phones while also running your TV, lights, and even refrigerators for long hours.
- Charge Time – All the pains of sudden power outages will no longer worry you as this solar-powered generator can give you an uninterrupted power supply for more than 8 hours at a time.
- Portable – It is high on portability as it weighs much less than your conventional fuel-based generators. You can use it for both your indoor and outdoor energy needs.
- High-quality inverter, charge controller and battery come as part of the package
- Solar panels are sold separately
- Reduced battery charging time
- Dual charging capability
- Does not emit any harmful gases
- LCD screen shows the charge level
- Increased shelf life
These portable power sources are ideal for every energy need of your household. It is also excellent for your outdoor camping and even an emergency back-up solution. If you believe in the ideology of making the earth a greener place, then there is no better option than Delta 1300 solar generators.
- Reduced battery life after many charges
- Lesser round-trip efficiency
- Solar panels not included in the battery
If you are tired of the noisy and heavy diesel generators that require frequent refills, it’s time to switch to a better alternative.
The River 370 offers you the right amount of power supply in a lightweight avatar when compared to the competitors. It is compact and designed to give users enhanced portability.
The convenient handle makes it easy to carry it around and even take with you for outdoor requirements. Don’t be fooled by the size and sleek looks; it provides you with industrial-level power output through the nine different ports.
You can also use the device to run appliances while it is on a charge. However, we recommend using the generator after it has fully charged to improve the battery life and to get optimum benefit.
- Durable High-Capacity Batteries – The 370Wh machine comes with a 100,000mAh in a 3.7V lithium battery.
- Heavy-Duty Inverter – It features a pure sine wave inverter with a capacity of 300 watts and a surge of 600 watts. This should be enough to power up your household appliances that consume less than 500 watts very quickly.
- Ports – The device has 9 output ports, 2 AC outputs, 2 USB – C ports that are compatible for laptop charging, 2 quick charge USB ports
- Two USB ports, and one car port with 12V capacity
- When used in conjunction with two 100 watt solar panels, the unit will take less than 3 hours to get charged up to 90 percent of its capacity
- A 60-watt charger can also charge up the device in less than 3 hours
- A great option for campers and emergencies
- Battery Management System for voltage and temperature control
- Award-Winning Design
- Weighs less than 12 pounds
- Thick aluminum alloy shell for battery protection
- 18 months worry-free warranty
The River 370 is a versatile power generator which provides users with multiple options of charging. Heat dissipation with thermal management makes it a safe choice to have at home.
Similar: EcoFlow River 370 Review (Internal Tech, Features, and More)
- Solar panels are not included in the package
- CPAP compatibility is not very excellent
R600 (River 600)
Customize and choose your power requirements with R600. Even though the R600 is more of a basic solar power generator with a 288-watt capacity, it can be paired with other variants such as R600 MAX and PRO to give you more power supply.
You can also connect to lithium or deep cycle batteries to make your own unique generator set. The unique modular design is what makes it compatible with other devices to give maximum output.
The first and only kind of X-link technology increases the battery storage and provides double the energy output when combined with other devices. This generator set also provides for high-speed charging. It can go from 0 to 80 percent within one hour of plugging into an AC outlet.
- Innovative Technology – It comes to you with the X-boost technology, which enables the unit to adjust the required output for the heavy-duty appliances. This means that you should be able to run devices that require 1,200 watts with the 600-watt inverter. It is important to note that not all devices will be compatiblhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sds7R4YF8obooste with the X-boost system.
- Fast Charging – The patented X-Stream recharge technology provides for the quickest recharge when compared to other competitors in this industry. It has significantly less recharge time even for the solar recharges. In the right sunlight conditions, the battery will take less than two hours to charge completely.
- App Controllability – Coming to the most modern feature of this device, you can get recharge alerts, working status of your generator and also control the machine from anywhere using the app that is paired with the device.
- 600-watt AC output capacity
- Type -C PD ports with 100W
- Weighs around 11lbs
- Wall charging capacity is 250 watts
- WiFi Compatible
- Works on a multitude of low and heavy-duty appliances
- Customizable power capacity and output
- Algorithm powered smart inverter
- Responsive customer service
If you are unsure of what the wattage needs may be or looking to expand the inverter capacity shortly, R600 would be an ideal option. This option will surely have great flexibility to provide for unlimited expansion.
Now let’s review some of the power banks from EcoFlow. These are highly portable and the size of standard power banks with a primary difference. Yes! You can charge it using a regular AC outlet and also using compatible solar panels.
- X-boost technology may not suit all appliances
Innovative and hassle-free wireless charging provides for position free charging experience. It can charge any of your Qi-enabled devices like Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, etc.
This unit will take two to three hours to get to its full power capacity using an AC outlet. You could also use compatible solar panels to recharge it using the sun’s energy. It takes roughly six to nine hours under perfect sunlight to get its charge to the optimum level.
These portable chargers are an excellent add-on for your weekend trips. Professional photographers also use them to charge their electronic gadgets while on the go. It can quickly recharge your laptops twice if it has a 100 percent charge.
- More Power – Packed with 25600mAh at 3.7 V; it is one monster rechargeable battery.
- Attractive Looks – Elegant design and sleek looks make it ideal for taking it with you on planes.
- Groundbreaking Technology – Bidirectional PD input significantly reduces the recharge time. It takes approximately 1.5 hours to recharge the unit to about 90 percent of its capacity.
- Multi-Functional – It is equipped with an uncommon, yet appreciated, feature of having multiple ports to plug USB devices.
- 3 ports for file transfer
- 1 USB-C Device Recognition port
- 2 USB -C ports with a total 120-watt output
- Car booster post
- Charges five devices simultaneously
- Convenient LED screens show battery status
- A greener source of power if used with solar panels
- Waterproof battery pack
- Weighs less than 2 pounds
The price we pay is for the versatility and reliability of this power bank; if you are looking for a long-term option that charges and recharges quickly, then the RIVER bank is your go-to power bank.
Similar: Bluetti EB150 vs EcoFlow Delta 1300 – Which Solar Generator is Best?
- Expensive when compared to other competitors
RAPID Power Bank
Weighing less than four ounces, this is perhaps the lightest power bank that is ideal for charging your smartphones. It easily fits into your pocket or purse.
Attractive design with rounded edges and matte finish black material does not retain any fingerprints. Even though the power bank is tiny in size, it comes with the most sophisticated technology than other contemporaries in the market.
The power bank can charge two devices simultaneously however, this can increase the charging time. The RAPID comes with sound battery management software that provides protection against short circuits and also over-discharge protection.
- Dual Quick Charging ports – It has two fast-charging ports; USB-A and USB-C
- Good Quality Battery – This portable charger comprises a Lithium-ion polymer battery, which can store the charge for about 6 months.
- LED charge indicators will give you a cue if the charge is getting to critical levels.
If you are looking for a portable charger that is convenient to handle, charges fast, and gives your dual charging possibility; then it is the ideal one. While you can use this for charging your laptops during emergencies, it is not the best option.
- 5000mAh capacity battery
- 18 watt micro USB charger port and USB Qualcomm quick charge port
- Weighs 6.3 ounces
- Charger and cables are included
- Speedy recharge time with an EF wall charger adapter
- Takes three hours to charge via regular wall charger
- Has input overvoltage protection
- Sleek enough to travel well
- Good value for the cost
The size and weight of this power bank take all the brownie points. The dual charging possibility makes this device a more eco-friendly and versatile option compared to other models in the same price range.
- May not be suitable for your laptop
RAPID PLUS Power Bank
This charger seems to be an improvement over the previous one we reviewed – Rapid. However, this charger comes with more capacity that you will be able to provide for 50 minutes extra charge for your MacBook Pro.
This charger comes to you with the same dual charging capabilities and can charge your laptop and smartphone simultaneously.
The Rapid Plus power bank is more expensive than the first version of Rapid owing to its enhanced ability to recharge multiple devices. It takes about 3 hours to get entirely charged from the wall charger.
- Advanced Adapter – Optional EF adapter for charging it at a faster speed
- Extra Power – It has two regular outputs with USB-A and USB-C, which have an 18-watt power delivery to charge laptops effectively
- Simple Design – Minimalistic design and size make it convenient to handle. It easily fits in your pocket so you can carry it around where you want.
- Lithium battery
- Ultra-light design combined with solar power
- Cables included in the package
- Charge your laptop and phone anywhere at any time
- Recharge with solar panels for a cost-effective option
- Comes with protection against overcharging
- Patented advanced battery management technology
If you are on the search for a better performing battery than Rapid in terms of getting more power capacity, this power bank will be the right one. You do not have to carry separate power banks for your laptop and smartphones, so the price you pay for one will benefit two power banks.
Similar: Portable Solar Panel Sizes – Models and More (14W to 100W)
- More expensive when compared to competing brands
Why Choose Solar Generators?
Solar generators can be the best alternative to provide you with a long-lasting supply of power.
Especially if you live in a locality with an erratic power supply or is subject to frequent blackouts. Solar generators use the abundantly available sunlight and convert into AC electricity which can be used to power up your home.
These can also be used to meet your power requirements on the go. For instance, while you are traveling long distances, camping, or hiking it can be ideal for recharging phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
EcoFlow has been in the limelight since 2019 when they raised funds for the Delta, one of the solar-powered generators. Pioneers in creating portable power sources, this company is re-defining the world’s access to energy.
It has not only been the industry first in creating modular portable power units but also aims to help raise the standard of living in areas where power shortages occur as a result of development and growth.
Why Choose EcoFlow?
Now that we have reviewed the best solar power generators and power banks, let’s see why you should consider using an EcoFlow solar-powered device at home or outdoors.
Sunlight is a universally available form of energy and can be used to power up appliances when there are power outages or blackouts.
However, you should always consider your local climatic conditions as the solar panels may not be of much use if you stay in a region where there is not much sunlight. This is where the EcoFlow devices rank in flexibility and versatility, as you can use it with standard AC outlets as well.
It is a greener source of energy as these units do not emit any harmful gases or residue. Clean the form of energy at your fingertips without causing any harm to the environment.
EcoFlow machines are also designed in such a way to provide for efficient use of energy through X-boost technology.
Usability and Portability
These solar or electricity-powered generators can be an excellent source of power for all the outdoor requirements.
It can be a reliable and long-lasting power source for emergencies such as rescue operations, medical camps, etc. EcoFlow is known to produce some of the most lightweight and compact units which can be used anywhere at any time provided you have charged the unit to its capacity.
Considering the benefits and flexibility, the price appears reasonable. You should also factor the savings on your electricity bills if you are using the solar panels to generate the necessary power.
Solar Generator Buying Guide
Consider these points before you plan to invest in a solar generator.
You will need to find out the energy consumption patterns at your home before looking at the options you have. Do you intend to run all the appliances in your home, or do you want to limit it to a few lights, charging laptops, phones, etc.?
This will determine how much wattage you will need. Delta 1300 is a monster in this range that gives about 1300 watts of power, which is the best among the other variants of EcoFlow.
If you are looking for your outdoor camping needs or emergency backup, you can still settle for a lower wattage device.
Traditional solar-powered units are usually quite heavy and difficult to move around. This is because it comes with a charge controller, inverters as part of the package.
However, EcoFlow, with its patented design, provides for some of the lightest versions on the market without compromising on the output.
Even while you look for power banks, you will always look for lightweight ones that easily fit into your bags and pouches.
While sunlight is the most abundantly available form of energy, it is not the most bankable one owing to the unpredictable weather conditions. So, it is also essential to check if the unit can provide alternative modes of charging.
This will make sure your unit does not become redundant from the lack of sunlight to charge it.
Most solar power generators do come with other options such as AC and charging using car batteries. All the models we have reviewed here provide for at least two modes of charging the batteries.
Good Quality Batteries
If the unit has to store and supply the required power, it must be backed with batteries of reasonably good quality. Lithium batteries are usually used in most solar power batteries and seem to give a good backup and have a long life if well maintained.
Ease of Use
Traditional solar power generators look quite intimidating by their size and weight. However, today with the rapid advancement in technology, weight has been considerably reduced.
It also comes with user-friendly features such as digital displays and battery status indicators. All of the options from EcoFlow have a digital display to make it easier to use the system.
Number of Ports
This is important if you want to charge multiple devices at the same time. You will find versions with more than 13 outlets and also ones with two outlets for basic charging needs. Decide which one would be ideal based on the number of appliances you plan to use with the unit.
Similar: Your Next Solar Generator – The Complete Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Time to address those commonly asked questions on the Solar Powered Generators.
How should I choose the ideal solar generator for home needs?
As mentioned in the buying guide section, consider the energy consumption pattern of your household, the local weather conditions, and your budget before purchasing the right one for your home needs.
Are the solar panels part of the EcoFlow unit?
Most solar units have all three components (charge controllers, panels, and inverters) separately. The variants we have discussed in this article have the solar panels as an optional accessory. However, you will see a lot of savings if you are promptly charging the unit with solar energy.
Do the EcoFlow generator units produce a lot of noise?
They do produce noise of about 50 decibels because of the fan. So, this might be a bit irritating for those who are not tolerant of the noise. However, the noise levels are not such that they interfere with your hearing inside the house.
Are the solar panels from EcoFlow waterproof?
Solar panels that come with the article’s options are designed to function in the rain as well. However, their efficiency depends on the amount of sunlight available.
Also, you must install the panels in the area which receives long hours of sun exposure, preferably the south side of the house is.
How long do the EcoFlow solar panels take to charge?
Under perfect sunlight, a 110W solar panel from the Delta unit will take around 15 hours to charge the unit. If two 110W panels are used together, the unit can get to its full capacity in about 7 to 8 hours, assuming adequate sunlight.
Are EcoFlow solar power generators chargeable from Car batteries?
Delta and River 370 are capable of charging from car batteries using the exclusive carports available on the units.
How can I maintain solar power generators for a better lifespan?
Always keep the unit charged using a power source, either a solar panel or AC. Be sure to use the battery charge often.
Also, remember to charge and discharge the battery completely at least once every three months. Store the unit in a cool and dry place. Moisture can damage the spare parts and alter its efficiency.
After having gone through all the options, Delta seems to be the monster unit that can take care of all the energy consumption needs of a household in case of power outages. It is not very heavy and also can charge while running multiple appliances at the same time.
If you are interested in making small contributions to a greener earth these products should be on the top of your list. All the power banks in the article can also use solar energy for charging it. Join EcoFlow in finding newer and more eco-friendly means of meeting the energy needs of the world.
Do Solar Generators Really Work?
Solar Generators Made in the USA – List of Companies and Models
How Long Will a Solar Generator Last?