Recently, different companies producing solar generators have come up with impressive technologies for fast charging. However, it’s sometimes difficult to know which of these solar generators is the best to purchase.
Below you’ll find three of the fastest charging solar generators you can find today along with their specifications.
|Model/Specs||EcoFlow Delta 1300||Point Zero Energy Titan||Bluetti AC200P|
|Charge Time Via AC||2 hours||3.5-4 hours||5-6 hours|
|Charge Time Via Solar (Max)||4 hrs @ 400W||2-4 hrs @ 2,000W||3.5-4 hrs @ 700W|
|Combined Charging?||N||Y||N (Solar Panel + AC adapter only)|
|Max Continuous AC Output||1,800W||3,000W||2,000W|
|Battery Lifecycles||800 to 60% capacity||2,000 to 80% capacity||3,500 to 80% capacity|
|Weight||31 lbs||67 lbs||61.7 lbs|
|Dimensions||15.7 x 8.3 x 10.6 in||18.5 x 12 x 12 in||16.5 x 11.0 x 15.1 in|
|Where to Buy||Amazon||shopsolarkits.com||Amazon|
1. EcoFlow Delta 1300
The EcoFlow Delta 1300 is a unique solar generator well-known for its battery management system and its AC charging platform. The overall features of this generator make it great for camping, workshops, and mobile usage. This device comes with specifications that make it an excellent choice for fast charging.
One of the exciting features of this device is its built-in MPPT charge controller, which plays a role in its fast charging. The MPPTcontroller helps regulate the battery charging process to ensure that the battery is charging appropriately.
There are three ways to charge the Delta 1300. You can plug it directly into your solar panel, AC wall outlet, and car outlet.
- When plugged into a solar panel setup (rated up to 400W of total output), it takes four hours for a complete charge.
- With an AC outlet, it takes two hours.
- If you use your car, then you may wait as long as 18 hours for a full charge.
Even though you can charge this generator through a solar panel, AC wall socket, or a car outlet, there’s one minor limitation. Unlike some other generators on the market, you can’t charge the Delta 1300 by combining multiple inputs. In other words, you can’t charge it by your solar panel, wall socket, and car altogether. You need to choose one.
Features of the EcoFlow Delta 1300
- High power rating: A high-powered system is produced by the AC output powered by the 1,800W inverter rated at 3,300W for surge protection.
- Lightweight: The total weight of the Delta 1300 is 31 pounds, making it a highly portable generator for its specifications.
- Fast charging: The Delta’s battery goes from 0 to 80 percent in an hour from the AC charger. At that rate of charge, it marks ten times faster than similar power stations on the market.
- Suitable battery type: The Delta 1300 uses a lithium-ion battery known to be more stable than other battery types like lead-acid.
Delta 1300 Technical Specifications
- Battery capacity: 1,260Wh, 50.4V
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- Inverter size: 1,800W continuous, 3,300W surge
- AC Output (x6): Pure Sine Wave, 1,800W (Surge 3,300W), 120V 60Hz
- USB-A Output (x2): 12W per port, 5V 2.4A max
- USB-C Output (x2): 60W per port, 20V 3A max
- USB-A Fast Charge (x2): 28W per port
- Car Power Output (x1): 6V DC, 8A, 108.8W
- AC Charge Input Power: X-Stream Charge 1,200W max
- AC Charge Input Voltage: 100 – 200VAC 50Hz/60Hz
- Solar Charge Input: 10-65V DC, 10A, 400W max
- Discharge temperature: -4 – 113°F (-20 – 45° C)
- Charge temperature: 32 – 113°F (0 – 45° C)
- Shelf Life: One year
- Life Span: 800 Cycles (60%)
What Does the EcoFlow Delta Come With?
- One unit of the Delta 1300
- Delta bag
- 5m MC4 to XT60 solar panel charging cable
- 5m AC charging cable and 1.5m car charging cable
- User manual
What Can the Delta 1300 Be Used For?
- Home backup
- Power tools in the workshop
- Outdoor living
What Can the Delta 1300 Power?
- Electric grill (1,650W): up to 1.2 hours
- Electric vehicle (1,800W): 3 – 5 miles (5 – 7 km)
- Light (10W): 36+ hours
- Coffee maker (600W): 50 – 60 cups
- Large fridge (150W): 7-10 hours
- Cellphone (6W): 100+ times
- CPAP machine (40W): 18-22 hours
- Charges quickly
- Easy to lift and transport
- High output
- Informative LCD for users
- The battery of the solar generator is rated to hold 60% capacity after 800 charges. Most great generator batteries hold about 80% capacity after using their charge cycles
- The round-trip efficiency of the Delta 1300 is low, with a total of 58%. Most solar generators have a round trip efficiency of 70%
2. Point Zero Energy Titan
The Point Zero Energy Titan is known to be a dependable and versatile solar generator. It’s made up of very efficient and durable components that result in an incredible user experience. The capacity of one battery pack with the Titan is 2,000Wh, and it’s a lithium-ion cell type.
One of the enjoyable features of the Titan is its removable and expandable battery, which can also be charged rapidly. Like the other power stations already mentioned, you can charge the solar generator via a wall outlet, a car charger, and solar panels.
- With 1,000 watts of solar panels, the power station takes 2-4 hours for a full charge with one battery.
- The AC charger can charge the battery pack of the Titan in around 3.5-4 hours.
- Impressively, you can also charge via an AC wall charger, solar panels, and a car charger simultaneously.
Note that the Titan can also use two wall chargers at the same time for a fast-charging experience. However, this requires you to use two batteries. The Titan can also charge with up to 2,000W of solar panels with two batteries.
With the no-load power, the generator has an impressive efficiency score of up to 92%. Usually, the larger inverter needs a higher amount of power, while the smaller ones don’t need much power to operate.
Features of the Titan
- Fast charging: The solar generator comes with two MPPT charge controllers that allow for a more efficient charging experience. You can also charge the generator via a car, wall socket, and solar panel setup.
- Impressive inverter rating: The Titan holds a continuous power rating of 3,000 watts, and a 6,000-watt surge with two batteries.
- Highly impressive battery setup: The system makes use of the 24-volt battery setup, which is better than the conventional 12 volts
- Expandable batteries: By stacking lithium-ion batteries, you can greatly expand the capacity of the Titan.
- Battery Capacity: 2,000Wh
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion (Lithium NMC)
- Battery Cycles: 2,000
- Inverter Continuous: 3,000W
- Inverter Peak: 6,000W @ 10 sec
- Max Solar Power Input (One battery): 1,000W
- Max Solar Power Input (Over one battery): 2,000W
- Simultaneous Charging: Yes
- 110V Outlets: Six (15 Amps)
- RV 30A Outlet: Yes
- Sine Wave Type: Pure
- MPPT Controller: Yes, Two
- Total Weight w/ One Battery: 67 lbs
What Does the Titan Solar Generator Come With?
- One Titan solar generator (power module and battery)
- One MC4 to Anderson adapter
- Four 30-watt USB adapters
- Cigarette to SAE for car charging
- One MC4 to SAE for jump-starting with a solar panel
- One 20A AC charger
What Can the Titan Be Used For?
- Off-grid living
- Indoor and outdoor parties or events
- Support in a disaster scenario
- Full home power
What Can the Titan Power?
- Fridge: 30 – 35 hours
- 50-inch LCD TV: 30 hours
- Smartphone: 300+ hours
- Tablet: 60 – 70 hours
- Laptop: 40 hours
- Can be charged by multiple inputs combined
- Users can stack several batteries for a higher capacity
- Powerful inverter
- Fast charging, particularly with solar and AC charging
- The Titan weighs 68 pounds, which makes it not ideal for transporting often
3. Bluetti AC200P
The Maxoak Bluetti AC200P is an effective solar generator with a LiFePO4 battery cell rated at 2,000Wh. In terms of battery longevity, the AC200P is one of the best compared to all other power stations. It comes with a battery cycle life of 3,500+ recharges and a shelf life of 3-6 months.
The Bluetti AC200P (Amazon affiliate link) comes with a Battery Management System (BMS) that ensures short circuit protection along with other safety features.
One of the most commendable features of the Maxoak Bluetti AC200P is its impressive fast charging feature.
- The power station comes with a 400W AC charger and a 700W solar input that simultaneously charges the generator in around 2.5-3 hours.
- With two AC adapters, you can charge the power station with 800W of input power.
- Note that it takes around 18 hours to reach a full charge with the car charger.
Features of the Bluetti AC200P
- Battery management system: It comes with a battery management system that enables short circuit protection and other necessary safety features.
- Several available outlets: There are seventeen available outlets in the Bluetti AC200P.
- Smart touch display: Allows monitoring of current, voltage, power, temperature, and charging status.
- Fast charging: With the 400W AC charger and the 700W solar input, you can simultaneously charge the generator in 2.5-3 hours.
- High power capacity: A 2,000Wh power capacity can run several demanding appliances for a reasonable time.
- Battery Capacity: 2,000Wh
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- 6x AC outlets
- 1x 60W PD 2.0 USB-C
- 4x 5V/3A
- 1x DC 12V/25A
- 1x DC 12V/10A
- 2x DC 12V/3A
- 2x wireless charging ports
- Inverter: 2,000W continuous, 4,800W surge
- Charge Cycles: 3,500+
- Charge controller: MPPT
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 11.0 x 15.1 inches
- Weight: 61.7lbs
What Does the AC200P Come With?
- 1x Portable Power Station (AC200P)
- 1x 400W AC Wall Charger
- 1x PV Solar Charging Cable (MC4 to XT90)
- 1x Car Charging Cable (Car to XT90)
- 1x XT90 to Aviation Plug (input)
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
What Can the Bluetti AC200P Be Used For?
- Useful for disaster situations
- Home backup
- Medical devices
What Can the Bluetti AC200P Power?
- Laptop: 26 times
- CPAP machine: 40 hours
- Chest Freezer: 29 hours
- Mini Space Heater: 2.8 hours
- Electric Drill: 2 hours
- Hair Dryer: 50 minutes
- Induction Cooker: 40 minutes
- Air conditioner: 80 minutes
- Fast charging
- High battery capacity
- Several available ports
- Impressive cycle life
- Doesn’t have enough power for full home electric appliances
- For 2,000Wh, the system is very heavy, mainly due to its LiFePO4 battery
For more details on the AC200P, I created an article comparing it to its predecessor – the AC200. The biggest difference you will notice is the battery longevity.
Find the post here: Bluetti AC200 vs AC200P – Key Differences & Takeaways.
Fast charging is an essential feature that should be included in solar generators for a better experience. Some of these generators allow for combined solar, AC, and car charging, while others only allow for each method. Thanks for reading!