The three stages of camping solar panels from Goal Zero are as follows:
- Boulder 50 Solar Panel (50 Watts)
- Boulder 100 Briefcase Solar Panel (Foldable, 100 Watts)
- Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Panel (Foldable, 200 Watts)
Goal Zero produces other solar panels for camping and other activities, but these ones are the core panels that will be able to help you with your ideal trip/outing/excursion…
1) Boulder 50 Solar Panel
Made with strong materials such as tempered glass and with an aluminum frame, the Boulder 50 is potentially one of the most rugged solar panels on the market.
There also reinforced corners on each side of the panel to allow back up for normal wear and tear.
With a built-in metal kickstand, you can maximize the angle you use for optimal sunlight and overall power output of the solar panels.
The panel has an 8mm output on the back side of it so you can connect it to your goal zero portable solar generators.
You can also chain multiple other solar panels by the 8mm input connector included as well.
With these connections, up to four Boulder solar panels are capable of connecting together to give you as much power as necessary.
-8mm input & output
-Rugged against terrain and waterproof
–Collapsable kickstand, easy to carry, don’t need to find a way to hang it up
–Chain up to four Boulder 50s for a fast charge!
-Aluminum frame, tempered glass, and reinforced, rubberized corners
-Cannot hold a charge – You must use a power station for this to hold power
Charges The Following Battery Generators:
- Goal Zero Yeti 150: 6-12 Hours
- Yeti 400: 16-32 Hours
- Goal Zero Yeti 1250: 55 – 110 Hours
- Yeti 1400: 57 – 114 Hours
General Product Information:
- Chainable: Up to 150W
- Weight: 12.4 lbs (5.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 21.75 x 26.75 x 1.75 in (55.2 x 70 x 4.4 cm)
- Warranty 12 months
- User Guide: Download PDF
Being at just over 12 lbs, this solar panel is light and durable and able to be carried around with ease…
This monocrystalline finish on the panels gives it optimal solar efficiency, which allows the panel to have more charging power per square inch.
With this technology, you can charge devices quickly, and with a maximum of 100 Watts of power output, the briefcase panel makes it easy to use with good sunlight.
This panel is also made of the same aluminum and tempered glass as the Boulder 50, which works well in the outdoor conditions it will probably be subject to on a hike or other adventure.
Along with this, it has a one-year warranty if anything happens to your panel.
It is recommended that you use this Briefcase solar panel with Goal Zero portable solar generators for easy connection and optimal charging output.
These generators are sold separately on Goal Zero’s site and you can also view my review of the top all-in-one solar generator (in my opinion) by Goal Zero, the Yeti 400 Lithium, here…
…The dimensions when folded measure 40.0 x 26.75 x 1.75 centimeters, then opening up to 101.6 x 70 x 4.4 centimeters unfolded.
- 100-watt monocrystalline solar panel
- Weather-resistant design, rigid aluminum frame, and tempered glass covering make the Boulder 100 ideal for installation yet still highly portable
- Plugs directly into Goal Zero Yeti portable solar generators, no extra cables, adapters, or charge controllers needed
- Works well in an emergency, camping, or any off-grid scenarios
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
3) The Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Panel
The Goal Zero 200 Watt Briefcase solar panel is easy to carry and an efficient solar panel made with durable construction in mind.
It includes a five-foot cable to connect to any Goal Zero products/power stations.
The main idea behind this solar panel kit is for portability, durability, efficiency, and a high power output so your devices can be consistently charged.
Just like the 100 Briefcase and Boulder 50, the Boulder 200 has a solid aluminum frame and sturdy tempered glass construction.
Also included with the panel are a removable kickstand, one-year limited warranty, a built-in handle, chainability to other solar panels for optimum power output, and a canvas carrying case to protect your solar panel when not in use.
Which Goal Zero Products Work Best With The Boulder 200?
Boulder 200 Briefcase works best with medium to large power stations:
-Yeti 400 Power Stations 4-8 Hours (NOTE: Connecting a Yeti 400 Power Station to the Boulder 200 Briefcase requires an Anderson to 8mm Connector cable)
-Yeti 1000 Lithium Power Stations 10-20 Hours
-Yeti 1250 Power Stations 12-24 Hours
-Yeti 1400 Lithium 14-28 Hours
-Yeti 3000 Lithium 30-60 Hours
Overall, you get…
- Compact solar panels for camping and off-grid living
- Kickstand and carrying case included for easy setup
- Weatherproof design protects from surprise storms
- Built-in carrying handle for easy transport
Package Deal: Boulder 50 With Yeti 400 Solar Powered Generator Kit
For a package including both the solar powered generator and the solar panel, click here. Along with the solar panel, you get:
- Quiet, portable power at the push of a button. 400Wh, 33Ah (12V) Battery capacity.
- Chainable and replaceable sealed lead-acid AGM battery weighing 29 lbs.
- Numerous powering options including two USB ports, two AC outlets, and 12V output.
This solar powered generator can bring your next camping trip or adventure to life as you can power multiple devices and electronics!
Find me on…